Monday, February 14, 2011

Bee Industrious

Bee Industrious
Oil on Masonite - 8"x10" (20x25cm)
I got really lucky one day last summer as I was practicing with my telephoto lens. All set up on the tripod and just as I was about to push the shutter button a bee flew by yelling "HEY!!! I wanna be in the picture too!" and jumped onto this Mexican sunflower. What more could a guy ask for!
I had fun with the background on this as I tried to capture the blurring you get with a shallow depth of field from using a longer lens.
I like for my paintings to tell a story so I normally don't paint flowers because I can never figure out what story they might bring to mind. So this is an unusual piece for me.

This piece is framed by the artist and ready to hang.


Click the button to buy - US$125 + $12 s&h

Visit Kirk Witmer Fine Art
Website | Blog
Email the artist at: khwitmer@juno.com

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...