Friday, February 4, 2011

Vanitas in Progress - Days 7 & 8

Day 7
Creating the lace pattern wasn't difficult. In fact it was pretty mindless. It gave me all day to think about other things. Some of the things were about my art and what will be upcoming. The other things were probably things I shouldn't have been thinking about. They were more stressful than creating the lace.
Day 8 was a short day. Well actually it was the same length as they all are, but I had other things that called me away, so I didn't get much done. The base of the broken wine glass and a start on the stack of books. As I was creating the set up for this still life, finding the bottom book was a happy accident. I looked on a bookshelf for a book that would be just the right thickness to elevate the skull to the point where I could get it reflected in the pitcher twice. When I took the multi-colored garish looking dust jacket off of it I was pleasantly surprised to find it was black! "Great!" I thought. "That'll fit right in." And then I noticed the title! "The Immortals". "How ironically perfect!" I thought. Sometimes we just get lucky. Other times, lucky gets us. ;)

If you'd like to get advance notice of my upcoming works before they're even listed at auction, click here to submit your email.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...