Sunday, January 8, 2012

From Italy

A trip to Birmingham Alabama in the spring of 2010 found me at the Birmingham Art Museum where I took a picture of a very large landscape that was painted a long time ago. I've removed the figures that were bathing in the pool at the bottom. I'm just not ready to show the world my efforts at figure painting yet. Unfortunately I can't remember the title or the artist and I can't find it on the B-ham Museum's website. So I can't give you any names for the inspiration for what I've done here. If any of my artist friends might know ... HELP!!! :)
Oil on Canvas - 9 x 12"
Next time I paint something with this many details I'll choose a larger canvas!!!

I pulled out a lot of stops on this one to get better effects. Including the use of glazing to correct the values of the architecture to make them recede visually and to add in the mists rising from the waters. That was the fun part! :)

Click the button to buy this painting
US$160 + $8 s+h

Email the artist at: khwitmer@juno.com

If you'd like to get advance notice of my upcoming works before
they're even listed at auction, click here to submit your email.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! It's hard to believe it's only on a 9 x 12 canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a baaaad boy to take so long to reply. Yes Kim, we live and learn. I think I could have created a much nicer piece if I'd chosen to work on a larger scale. So for now, I'll just think of this as "study" before a larger work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...