Monday, July 4, 2011

The Architect, pencil portrait by Kirk Witmer

9x12" - Pencils on 50lb paper

Six months ago I bought a box of pencils thinking I'd try my hand at drawing with just pencils. Yesterday I finally got around to opening the box, so here's my first serious attempt at a portrait done with pencils. Did this all on one day, in about 8 hours. Since this is something new for me, your critique is welcome.
Who is he? I hear you ask..... Frederick Law Olmstead toured through Texas in 1853 with his brother, a horse, a pack mule and a Colt Navy revolver. He ended up writing a book entitled "A Journey through Texas", but some years later he went on to become the landscape architect that designed New York City's Central Park. Imagine that!




If you're interested in having a portrait done in this syle, email me at: khwitmer@juno.com

If you'd like to get advance notice of my upcoming works before
they're even listed at auction, click here to submit your email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...