Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Study of Durand

Daily painting for May 3rd - 6x8" - Oil on archival panel


Asher Durand was probably the second most notable of the artists of the Hudson River School, after Thomas Cole. This is a study I've done of his painting "In the Catskills". No, I wasn't trying to make a copy of it, but rather just trying to achieve the same values and palette. Durand's piece is about 52x60", and to attempt a copy when you're working on about 1/8th of the size would be a fool's errand.
Click the button to buy - US$ + $ s&h

Email the artist at: khwitmer@juno.com

If you'd like to get advance notice of my upcoming works before they're even listed at auction, click here to submit your email.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely little painting! I love the american landscapes at the museum when I go.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...