Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Modeling Career ... Ha!

I haven't posted in awhile, but I have been painting, and I'll get caught up on the posting soon. (Blogger was really squirrely for a few days last week, so I gave up wasting time on that.)

But in the interim I was called on for Monday and Tuesday of this week to model for a painter's workshop. Qiang Huang (pronounced Chong Wong) put together a workshop with his friend Zhaoming Wu as the instructor. Modelling was a new experience for me since I'd never done that before. But I do have an amusing story to share with all of you.
On the first day I met Qiang for the first time and he then introduced me to Mr Wu and of course we shook hands. But as he released his grip I held on to his hand and asked "Is this the hand you paint with?"
"Yes" he replied.
I then clasped his hand with both of mine and said "Let me see if I can get some of your magic."
We both had a chuckle over that and then as I released his hand Qiang said to him "Kirk is an artist too."
Then Mr Wu said "Well in that case...." as he extended his hand for me to shake again. And we had another hearty handshake and a laugh over that.
I didn't have the heart to tell him I'm left handed.


You can learn more about these artists at their websites.
Qiang Huang and Zhaoming Wu

But Qiang told me that I was an excellent model and would call me for future workshops that he is already planning. If you're in Texas, you may want to check in on his website to see what's planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...