Thursday, March 8, 2012

View of Antalya

8 x 10" - oil on masonite
Click the image for a larger view

I'm lucky enough to have a son and daughter-in-law who were lucky enough to have been able to vacation last year in the resort town of Antalya, Turkey on the north shore of the Mediterranean Sea. I painted this from one of the photos they sent me from their trip. I used their photo because I liked the way the morning light was just beginning to rake down across the hillside.
Well, that, and I thought "this might be as close to Turkey as I'll ever get."

I changed it up a bit to improve the composition a little and to eliminate the lounge chairs that were lined up on a deck that was carved into the stone down at the bottom of the hillside, just above the water. I thought they spoiled the natural beauty of this view. So you can see, I'm finally remembering .... "Don't be a slave to the photo!"

Click the button to buy this painting
US$79 + $8 s&h


2 comments:

  1. Great job on the seascape. I love those distant hills and clouds and the way that grassy point pops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful blog full of incredible paintings!! This painting of Turkey is beautiful...thank goodness for our kids who travel and give us some amazing reference pictures...I look forward to your next piece.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...