Friday, August 19, 2011

Steampunk Jeff, pencil portrait by Kirk Witmer

Pencil portrait - 9 x 12"

I did this portrait in response to a challenge for artists on one of the many websites in which I participate. It was an interesting effort for me. Not because of this particular subject, but because of the "challenges" it presented. Most importantly the reflections on all the hardware. I hadn't had a subject that has presented that challenge so far, so I couldn't resist the temptation to jump in on this one.
For the purists who want to see just how close I got the the original, the challenge photo is inset into the upper right corner here.

Email the artist at: khwitmer@juno.com

If you'd like to get advance notice of my upcoming works before
they're even listed at auction, click here to submit your email.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! Your work never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimmie. I've been having a lot of fun with the pencils.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...