Friday, August 6, 2010

decisions, decisions.....

I've had an odd shaped piece of canvas left from a larger roll hanging around for years.  I could have cut it up into smaller ones but the best use of it would be for a 16"x32".  Odd size, I know, which would require a custom frame, and at prices for custom framing I'll be making my own for this one.
Did some preliminary pencil sketches at 6x12", just to work out the composition.....
This is an expanded (widthwise) version that I did in miniature last year, and I'd always liked the colors I'd used, so I thought it might be a good subject for a larger version.










But I was inspired by a picture I saw on the internet and when I asked permission to use it as a source it was granted, so I think I like this better.










Oddly enough, with all the changes I'll be making, little of the original photo will be recognizable.
Next step is deciding on colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...